by Zero Hedge
Earlier today, Mitch McConnell blasted the “Outrage Industrial Complex” over the lemming-like response to Georgia’s voting integrity reforms.
“Our private sector must stop taking cues from the Outrage-Industrial Complex,” McConnell added. “Americans do not need or want big business to amplify disinformation or react to every manufactured controversy with frantic left-wing signaling.”
It turns out McConnell is right and in fact, a new AP-NORC poll released Friday shows an overwhelming amount of American support requiring identification to vote.
Voter identification requirements are supported by 72% of the public. That popularity is largely driven by support from Republicans, 91% of whom support a requirement that all voters provide photo identification in order to cast their ballot.
However, as the poll shows, 56% of Democrats also support requiring photo ID to vote.
As AmericanThinker’s Eric Utter recently noted, we live in a hyper-credentialed society.
- Little girls need a government-granted license to sell lemonade at their sidewalk stands.
- One must provide a valid photo I.D. and be vetted by the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) – and possibly be subject to a several-day waiting period – to purchase a firearm.
- One must present a current, valid photo I.D. to cash a check, or buy a loaf of bread, a six-pack of beer, or pack of smokes at a grocery store.
- Want to board a plane? I.D. please.
- And probably soon, a vaccine I.D.
But one should never have to be troubled to identify oneself to vote for the most powerful person on earth, say Democrats. That would be racist!
It’s sad that even a majority of their voting public disagrees with Democratic politicians’ (admittedly false) narrative over Voter IDs.