“This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media — it’s going to completely redefine the game,” says Jason Miller
President Trump will be returning to social media in “two or three months with his own platform,” Trump adviser Jason Miller claimed.
Speaking on Fox News’ “Media Buzz” on Sunday, Miller explained that Trump’s absence from the social media arena is temporary and that he intends to “completely redefine the game” with his own platform.
“I do think we’re going to see President Trump returning to social media, probably in about two or three months here, with his own platform,” Miller said.
“This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media. It’s going to completely redefine the game. And everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what President Trump does, but it will be his own platform.”
When host Howard Kurtz if Trump would be able to quickly amass a similar following he had on Twitter, Miller answered in the affirmative.
“What I can say is it will be big once he starts. There have been a lot of high-power meetings he’s been having at Mar-a-Lago with some teams of folks who have been coming in,” Miller said. “And I gotta tell ya, there’ve been – it’s not just one company that’s approached the president. There have been numerous companies. I think the president does know what direction that he wants to head here.”
“And this new platform is gonna be big and everyone wants it. He’s gonna bring millions and millions – tens of millions – of people to this new platform,” he added.
The Trump adviser had hinted last month that Trump was looking into starting a social media platform that could be called “Trumper.”
It will be revealing to see how Big Tech reacts to the rollout of Trump’s new platform, especially given how they responded to Parler’s growing popularity.
In January, Amazon had permanently removed Parler from its web-hosting services, with Apple and Google cutting it off from their app stores.